– Viacom-owned BET, created in 1980 as Black Entertainment Television to give African Americans a place on TV where they can see themselves consistently represented, plows ahead with its mission.
What happened BET channel?
It’s no longer Black owned
In 2000, BET was bought by Viacom for $2.3 Billion. Viacom is a media powerhouse that owns CBS, Comedy Central, MTV, and several other channels. This deal resulted in BET executives losing complete creative control of the channel’s direction.
Is BET still a thing?
1. BET is not black-owned anymore. … The network was founded in the ’80s by an African American, Robert Johnson, but in 2003 BET was sold to Viacom, which also owns MTV and VH1.
Does BET stand for?
BET. Black Entertainment Television network. Community » News & Media.
Why is bet important?
The BET Awards is the #1 program in Cable TV history with Black viewers and has been the #1 Award Show on Cable TV with Black viewers for 13 straight years. … It’s also one of the most social shows on TV, with viewers setting social media records in the tens of millions with comments on Twitter and other platforms.
How much is Debra Lee Worth?
The estimated Net Worth of Debra L Lee is at least $2.19 Million dollars as of 15 September 2017.
How do I get free bet plus?
How to sign up for BET Plus
- Visit the BET+ website and click “Start your free trial.”
- Provide an email address and password and click “Agree and Continue.”
- Provide your card information and click “Subscribe.”
Does BET still show music videos?
Just as MTV stopped its airing of music videos, so has BET (which also isn’t surprising seeing as they’re both owned by Viacom). … “106 & Park” added so much to its programming that it forgot what it original purpose was: play music videos and introduce new music artists.
How do I stream live BET?
If you’re a cord-cutter or want to watch online, you can live stream “The 2021 BET Awards” on Philo or Fubo TV. Each streaming service offers a seven-day free trial.