The answer is, yes, for several reasons. Playing two hands is an excellent way of increasing your bet spread when the count is in your favor. You can also bet 50% of what you would have bet on one hand, on each of two hands, with less risk and variance.
What percentage of blackjack hands should you win?
According to my blackjack appendix 4, the probability of an overall win in blackjack is 42.22%, a tie is 8.48%, and a loss is 49.10%. I’m going to assume you wish to ignore ties for purposes of the streak. In that case, the probability of a win, given a resolved bet, is 46.36%.
Is it better to hit or stay on 16 in blackjack?
If you hit on your 16, you’ll win 25.23% of the time, push 5.46% of the time, and you will lose 69.31% of the time. That’s a net loss of 44.08% when you hit your 16. If you stand on your 16, you’ll win 29.01% of the time, push 0%, and lose 70.99% of the time.
Do you hit on 12 against a 3?
No, you should hit a hard 12 against a dealer 3. The decision is close but does favor hitting statistically. If you’re counting then you should stand if the true count is 2 or higher.
Can you make a living off of blackjack?
It’s definitely possible to play blackjack for a living. It takes hard work, determination, and self control, but we are living proof that you can make a living counting cards at blackjack (not to mention the 100 people we hang out with at the blackjack ball, half of which are millionaires thanks to the casinos).
Do you hit on 12 against a 2?
12 Against a Dealer’s 2 in Blackjack – Why Hit It? One of the more frustrating hands in blackjack is being dealt a 12 when the dealer shows a 2 upcard. … With a 2 upcard, the dealer has a 35% chance of busting and a 65% chance of making a 17 though 21. If you stand, you’ll win 35% of the time and lose 65% of the time.
Do you hit on 12 against a 4?
4 in Blackjack. You’re playing in a four-deck game, and receive a 3 and a 9 for a two-card total of 12, while the dealer flips an upcard of 4. You have a tough decision here, but basically, it’s a choice between hitting the 12 or standing on the hand.